[Consortium of Post-Artistic Practices]
Prc gesture revival
is a new project of Tyna Collective (Tina Keserović, Martyna Miller), which through workshops, visuals, actions in public spaces and social media wants to create a platform where the production of a common language tool for everyday resistance would be possible.
Preoccupied with the aesthetics of current protests and willing to abuse the existing clichés of visual culture, we bring the idea to build a new code of communication, under a sign still used by Balkan women.
Prc is a supplement of a middle finger, an alternative to mainstream anger. Stemming from a traditional representation of the massive postwar injury of arabic archers, it symbolises a numb, effete center, around which, in a gesture of support, the other fingers dance. Vulgar, abstract, and temporal, this gesture always comes up with a surprise. It doesn't insult: it disarms.
[protest song credits]
- Bella Ciao, antifaschist song of the Italian partisans, lyrics: unknown, music: traditional,
performed by: Giorgio Gaber
- Ain't got no, I got life, Nina Simone, kyrics and music: Galt Mac Dermot / Gerome Ragni / James Rado
- Warszawianka 1905, lyrics: Wacław Święcicki, music: Józef Pławiński
- What's going on, Marvin Gaye, lyrics and music: Marvin Gaye, Al Cleveland, Renaldo „Obie” Benson
- Do prostego człowieka, music and performed by: Akurat, lyrics: Julian Tuwim
- Hymne du MLF (L’hymne des femmes), Compagnie jolie môme, lyrics: Paris feminist’s collective, music: Rudi Goguel
- Bandiera Rossa (Avanti Popolo), lyrics: Carlo Tuzzi, music: traditional, Banda e Coro & M.
- Lupin Z batogami, music and performed by: R.U.T.A, lyrics: traditional
- El Pueblo Unido, Inti Illimani, music: Sergio Ortega, lyrics: Quilapayún
- In Ale Gasn/Hey Hey Daloy Politsey, lyrics: Zelman Mlotek / traditional, music: traditional
- WAR, music and lyrics: Bob Marley, performed by: Sinead O'Connor
Title image by Ewa Axelrad :
Fetor. Greetings from series Plague, 2014
Postcard, posted from various locations, 26x9.5 cm, edition of 300